Promotional Competition Rules for the
myTFGrewards “Win a Samsung Smartphone & airtime every 30min” competition:
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) (“TFG”).
2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG and Samsung.
3. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
4. At the time of entering the competition, in order to be eligible to win a prize, all participants must be:
a. myTFGrewards members or Jet Club members;
b. South African citizens;
c. residing in South Africa;
d. at least 18 years old.
5. To be automatically entered int the competition, participants must spend R500 or more at any TFG store or TFG online between 24 November 2020 and 27 November 2020.
6. Should the Promoter, law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that the Promoter deems is reasonable at the time.
8. By entering the competition, participants agree and understand that they may win a prize, but that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
9. How to win and what are the prizes:
a. Every 30min from 24 November 2020 to 27 November 2020 during trading hours, one winner who spent at least R500 in any TFG store or TFG online store, will be randomly selected from eligible participants through the TFG Rewards system and the Jet Club system.
b. Each winner will only win one prize: An e-gift card to the value of R7 000, which is only redeemable on a Samsung smartphone (selling price of up to R5 000 and airtime up to the value of R2 000).
c. The specifics and features of the prizes (including, but not limited to the brand, value, style, and model) are subject to availability and at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
10. The Promoter, its directors, agents and employees do not accept any responsibility for any entries and/or prizes that are lost, damaged, unusable or delayed.
11. The winners will not be entitled to payment, credit or otherwise in the event that they do not utilise the prize to the fullest extent possible. Any item or value unused after the gift card expiration date will be deemed waived by the winners.
12. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash, credit, other merchandise or anything else.
13. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
14. This competition will commence on 24 November 2020 and end on 27 November 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
15. The winners will be notified via sms or email within a week of winning. If the Promoter is not able to contact a winner; or a winner does not provide the Promoter with relevant and correct information timeously, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn. The decision of the Promoter as to the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, participants hereby indemnify the Promoter, its directors, agents, employees and the competition sponsors against any damages or losses of any nature whatsoever that the participants may suffer as a result of the prizes and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
17. The Promoter and sponsors may request the winners to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services. The winners will not unreasonably withhold their consent.
18. Participants consent to the publishing of their names, profile and photos (“personal information”) on any of the TFG websites, social media pages, publications and marketing material. The winners agree that they will not be entitled to any payment, compensation, usage fees or royalties for such publication and holds harmless, releases and discharges the Promoter and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winners or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
19. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. All participants release all social media platforms from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
20. Any participant in this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Competition Rules upon entry into the competition and agrees to be bound by them.
21. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winners will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
- It may be necessary for certain third party providers to process the winners’ personal information to enable them to provide their services to the winners. By entering this competition and making use of any benefits, participants agree to this.