Edcon Physical Gift Card Policy
- The bearer of a Gift Card may use this Gift Card to purchase merchandise from any participating Edcon Limited (“Edcon” or “We”) Store.
- The Gift Card is valid for a period of 3 (three) years from date of activation or upon full redemption thereof, whichever occurs earlier. However, if and where such gift card has been topped-up, then it will remain valid for a period of 3 (three) years from date of top-up or upon full redemption thereof, whichever occurs earlier – irrespective of the date of activation.
- The Gift Card may not be:
Gift Card holders will not be given cash change for any purchases made with the Gift Card.
Gift Card holders must keep their Gift Cards in a safe place for security reasons as the Gift Card may still be used to make purchases.
Gift Card holders should be aware that no lost or stolen Gift Cards be replaced or refunded. However, should Gift Card holders be in possession of the gift card number, then the Gift Card holder must call the Edcon Gift Card Centre on 0860 692 274 to report the lost or stolen Gift Card. Once Gift Card holders report lost or stolen Gift Cards, then Edcon will block the remaining amount on the Gift Card and transfer the remaining balance to another Gift Card, which will be made available to you on your next visit to an Edcon Store.
All Gift Card balances can be checked as follows:
- used for the payment of an Jet account;
- exchanged for cash; or
- used to purchase airtime.
Electronic Gift Cards:
- in-store at a till point; or
- by calling the Edcon Gift Card Call Centre on 0860 692 274.
- Electronic Gift Cards are an SMS version of the current Gift Cards and the above terms and conditions apply.
- Edcon will transfer the remaining balance to a physical gift card if Gift Card holders do not utilize the full value of their Electronic Gift Cards on their first purchase.
- Gift Card holders should be aware that Electronic Gift Cards cannot be topped up nor be SMS’d to a third party.
- Edcon will be not be liable for any reimbursements of any nature if:
Electronic Gift Card holders are aware and accepts that their usage of Electronic Gift Cards will be at their sole risk and discretion.
Electronic Gift Card users are aware that Edcon will not be held responsible for any cellular network service operator's delay in forwarding an Electronic Gift Card to any Electronic Gift Card user.
Electronic Gift Card users acknowledge that Edcon will only accept Electronic Gift Cards if Electronic Gift Card users present a valid Electronic Gift Card Number to the cashier in SMS format.
- an Electronic Gift Card holder deletes their Electronic Gift Card; or
- the Electronic Gift Card holder’s cellphone is lost or stolen with their Electronic Gift Card. In these instances, the Electronic Gift Card holder must contact the Edcon Gift Card Call Centre on 0860 692 274 to obtain an SMS which will grant the Electronic Gift Card holder access to their existing Electronic Gift Card. However, the Electronic Gift Card holder will only be able to retrieve their existing Electronic Gift Card from their original cellphone number.