Promotional Competition Rules for the
Hello Kitty competition:
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) (“TFG”).
2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG.
3. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
4. All participants must be South African citizens who also reside in South Africa and be at least 18 years old.
5. Should the Promoter, law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that the Promoter deems is reasonable at the time.
7. By entering the competition, participants agree and understand that they may win a prize, but that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
8. To enter the competition, participants must comment with the correct answer to the question presented on the relevant Jet Facebook competition post, which will be published on 16 November 2020.
9. By entering, participants accept that they will opt-in to direct marketing communication from TFG. Participants may unsubscribe from direct marketing at any time.
10. There will be 3 (winners) winners in total, who will each receive a “Hello Kitty” hamper to the value of R1,500 (one thousand and five hundred rand).
11. The Promoter, its directors, agents and employees do not accept any responsibility for any entries and/or prizes that are lost, damaged, unusable or delayed.
12. Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash, credit or otherwise.
13. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
14. This competition will commence on 16 November 2020 and end on 20 November 2020. No late entries will be accepted.
15. The winners will be randomly selected from eligible participants at the discretion of representatives of the Promoter at the TFG head office in Parow East, Cape Town, in the presence of an independent accountant/auditor/attorney.
16. The winners will be contacted via Facebook Messenger. If the Promoter cannot contact a winner after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn.
17. The decision of the Promoter as to the winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. To the extent that a license (for example, a driver’s license) or permission is required in order to accept or use a prize, the winner must produce such license or permission for inspection by the Promoter prior to receiving the prize. If the winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be re-drawn.
19. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, participants hereby indemnify the Promoter, its directors, agents, employees and the competition sponsors against any damages or losses of any nature whatsoever that the participants may suffer as a result of the prizes and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
20. The Promoter and sponsors may request the winners to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services. The winners will not unreasonably withhold their consent.
21. The winner’s name, profile, photos, voice, sound effects and/or caricatures (“personal information”) may be published on the various websites and social media platforms of the Promoter and the competition sponsors, as the competition is of such a nature that the winner’s personal information must be published. The winner agrees that he/she will not be entitled to any payment, compensation or royalties for such publication and holds harmless, releases and discharges the Promoter and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winner or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
22. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media platform and participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to the social media platforms. All participants release these social media platforms from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
23. Any participant in this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Competition Rules upon entry into the competition and agrees to be bound by them.
24. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winners will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
25. It may be necessary for certain third party benefit providers to process the winners’ personal information to enable them to provide their services to the winners. By entering this competition and making use of any benefits, participants agree to this.