Dear Jet customers
The Jet team and I would like to reassure you, our valued customer that the health, safety and well-being of everyone who comes into a Jet store is always our priority. In light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and President Cyril Ramaphosa’s declaration of a national state of disaster, we are actively monitoring the situation and taking steps to help keep our staff and customers safe to limit the spread and effects of the virus.
Taking our guidance from the National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NCID), the Department of Health as well as the World Health Organisation (WHO), here are some of the measures we have put in place to ensure your safety:
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers will be provided to all staff and all customers
- Our staff have been instructed to use sanitizers themselves as well as sanitize surface areas as frequently as possible
- Sanitizers are available at all staff canteens, store entrances and all common areas and we have increased the frequency and intensity of our cleaning practices in high traffic areas
- We have increased hand and surface sanitation when handling payment and transaction methods
- To prevent any possible cross-contamination, all make-up testers have been removed from our stores
- Store staff with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and other health issues have been placed on leave for their safety
- We are committed to ensuring all Jet staff are empowered with all the relevant information and guidance on personal hygiene and preventative measures, through regular communication.
We are committed to ensuring all Jet staff are empowered with the relevant information and guidance on personal hygiene and preventative measures, through regular communication.
The safety and health of our customers and staff is our primary focus right now. We are doing everything we can to ensure a safe shopping experience. During this time, I believe we need to stand together as South Africans, support one another and protect those who are vulnerable.
Shane Van Niekerk