Promotional Competition Rules for the #MakeItYourHomeChallenge competition:
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) (“TFG”).
2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG.
3. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
4. All participants must be South African citizens who also reside in South Africa and be at least 18 years old.
5. Should the Promoter, law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that the Promoter deems is reasonable at the time.
7. By entering the competition, participants agree and understand that they may win a prize, but that there is no guarantee that they will win a prize.
8. The competition will be advertised on the Jet Facebook and Instagram page. To enter the competition, participants must:
a. Step 1: View our Jet Home summer range (for inspiration) at jetonline.co.za
b. Step 2: Take a video of yourself telling us how you would update your bedroom / bathroom / kitchen / kid’s bedroom.
c. Step 3: Upload the video on to your feed using #JetHome & #MakeItYourHomeChallenge and tag us @jet_fashion
9. Participants may enter multiple times but can only win once.
10. There will be 12 (twelve) winners in total, who will each receive 1 (one) R1000 Jet voucher.
11. There will be 3 (three) winners selected per week.
12. The competition will commence on 22 November 2021 and end on 17 December 2022.
13. Winners may not win a Jet competition more than once in a 90 (ninety) day period. Any winners drawn who have won in the last 90 (ninety) days will be disqualified from the competition and another winner will be drawn.
14. The Promoter, its directors, agents and employees do not accept any responsibility for any entries and/or prizes that are lost, damaged, unusable or delayed.
15. Prizes may not be deferred or exchangeable for cash, credit or otherwise. Prize is transferable to one person at your own risk.
16. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
17. This competition will commence on 22 November 2021 and end on 17 December 2021 at midnight. No late entries will be accepted.
18. The winner will be randomly selected from eligible participants at the discretion of representatives of the Promoter which will be audited by an independent auditor.
19. The winner will be contacted telephonically on 21 December 2021. If the Promoter cannot contact the winner after 2 attempts have been made to reach him/her on their chosen contact number, and either the call is not answered or the call goes directly to voicemail, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn.
20. The decision of the Promoter as to the winner is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. To the extent that a license (for example, a TV license) or permission is required in order to accept or use a prize, the winner must produce such license or permission for inspection by the Promoter prior to receiving the prize. If the winner does not or is unable to do so, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be re-drawn.
22. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, participants hereby indemnify the Promoter, its directors, agents, employees and the competition sponsors against any damages or losses of any nature whatsoever that the participants may suffer as a result of the prizes and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
23. The Promoter and sponsors may request the winners to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services. The winners will not unreasonably withhold their consent.
24. The winner’s name, profile, photos, voice, sound effects and/or caricatures (“personal information”) may be published on the various websites and social media platforms of the Promoter and the competition sponsors, as the competition is of such a nature that the winner’s personal information must be published. Winners will be required to consent or decline to participate in any marketing activity or have their image or name used by TFG in any way. The winner agrees that he/she will not be entitled to any payment, compensation or royalties for such publication and holds harmless, releases and discharges the Promoter and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winner or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
25. By entering this competition and as condition to receive the prizes, participants:
a. Waive their moral rights and grant the Promoter exclusive, unlimited, perpetual and free of charge copyright and usage (in any territory where the Promoter trades), in all media forms of all material, text and intellectual property created and/or published/posted by the participants in their competition posts. The Promoter will be entitled to use and edit the intellectual property in any manner and in its sole discretion, for an indefinite period of time and in any territory where it trades;
b. Waive any right to demand royalties, usage fees or any other form of compensation or payment for the use of intellectual property in the participant’s entry;
26. Should they be selected as a winner:
a. Waive their moral and personality rights and grant the Promoter exclusive, unlimited, perpetual and free of charge copyright and usage (in any territory where the Promoter trades), in all media forms of all material and intellectual property created during the Competition duration. The Promoter will be entitled to use and edit the intellectual property in any manner and in its sole discretion, for an indefinite period of time and in any territory where it trades;
b. Consent to the publishing of their names and photos on Facebook and Instagram;
c. Agree that the winner will sign a release form if required.
27. Participants and winners shall not during or after the expiry or termination of the competition dispute or question the copyright and usage by the Promoter.
28. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, participants hereby indemnify TFG, Facebook and Instagram against any damage or losses of any nature whatsoever that the participants may suffer as a result of this competition and the prizes, including consequential damages and economic loss.
29. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social media platform and participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to the social media platforms.
30. Any participant in this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Competition Rules upon entry into the competition and agrees to be bound by them.
31. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winners will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.