Promotional Competition Rules for the "Win R1 Million" competition:
1. This promotional competition is organised by Foschini Retail Group (Pty) Ltd (registration number 1988/007302/07) (“TFG”).
2. In these rules, “Promoter” means a person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts the promotional competition, or for whose benefit the promotional competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted, which includes TFG.
3. No director, member, partner, employee, agent of, or consultant to the Promoter or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, or their spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, business partners or associates, may enter this promotional competition. This also applies to a person who is a supplier of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition.
4. At the time of entering the competition, in order to be eligible to win the prize, all participants must be:
a. myTFGrewards members (to qualify for an in-store shopping entry);
b. South African citizens;
c. residing in South Africa; and
d. at least 18 years old.
5. To be automatically entered into the competition, participants must visit 3 or more TFG brands and spend R500 (or more) at each brand, in-store or online, to stand a chance to win R1 million. Valid 23 November 2021 to 29 November 2021.
6. Should the Promoter, law or any authority terminate this promotional competition, no notice of termination shall be required. In such event, all participants waive any rights and acknowledge that they shall have no claim, of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter, its directors, agents or employees as a result of the termination.
7. The Promoter reserves the rights to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes which have not yet been drawn, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time and for any reason whatsoever that the Promoter deems is reasonable at the time.
8. Participants agree and understand that they may win the prize, but that there is no guarantee that they will win the prize.
9. How to win and what is the prize:
a. To be automatically entered into the draw, participants must spend R500 or more at 3 or more TFG brands, in-store or online between 23 November 2021 and 29 November 2021.
b. Exclusive to myTFGrewards members in-store.
c. There will only be 1 winner, who will receive R1 million cash payment into their preferred account.
10. The winner will be randomly selected from eligible participants by TFG representatives after the closing date and the draw will be overseen by an independent accountant/auditor/attorney.
11. The Promoter, its directors, agents and employees do not accept any responsibility for any entries and/or prizes that are lost, damaged, unusable or delayed.
12. If any taxes, levies, duties or any charges whatsoever are levied on a prize by any competent authority, the winner will be liable for these and the prize value will not be increased to compensate for such charges.
13. This competition will commence on 23 November 2021 and end on 29 November 2021. No late entries will be accepted.
14. The winners will be notified telephonically within a week of the competition draw. If the Promoter is not able to contact a winner; or a winner does not provide the Promoter with relevant and correct information timeously, the prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be re-drawn. The decision of the Promoter as to the winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The name of the winner will be announced on social media by 10 December 2021.
16. By accepting a prize or by entering this competition, participants hereby indemnify the Promoter, its directors, agents, employees and the competition sponsors against any damages or losses of any nature whatsoever that the participants may suffer as a result of the prizes and/or this competition, including consequential damages and economic loss.
17. The Promoter and sponsors may request the winners to agree in writing to endorse, promote or advertise any of its goods or services. The winners will not unreasonably withhold their consent.
18. Participants consent to the publishing of their names, profile and photos (“personal information”) on any of the TFG websites, social media pages, publications and marketing material. The winner agrees that they will not be entitled to any payment, compensation, usage fees or royalties for such publication and holds harmless, releases and discharges the Promoter and the above-mentioned social media platforms from any claims, demands and/or causes of action the winners or any person/entity acting on their behalf may have by reason of their consent.
19. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform. All participants release all social media platforms from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
20. Any participant in this competition shall be deemed to have accepted these Competition Rules upon entry into the competition and agrees to be bound by them.
21. Failure to comply with these rules or the terms of acceptance of a prize by a winner will be deemed to be a rejection of the prize and the winners will then be disqualified from receiving the prize.
It may be necessary for certain third party providers to process the winner’s personal information to enable them to provide their services to the winner. By entering this competition and making use of any benefits, participants agree to this